Friday was our Halloween party at church and it was quite an event! They had hot dogs, chili, goodies, games, face painting and trunk-or-treating. This was our first year where we didn't all have a theme. It was pretty sad but Aedan and Cali wanted to be Avengers and there is only 1 Avenger that is a girl so I couldn't figure out how to include Em and I in the deal. Of course then I saw a friends family and they were all superheros and I thought "Duh! We could have just done a superhero theme!" but it's fine. I think everything turned out just fine.
The week before Halloween was a rough one for me. I was so busy!! I made my costume and it was the first adult thing that I've made so it was quite a project for me. I planned to get and "easy" pattern but they didn't have what I was looking for so I had to go with a regular one. I took me all week to finish because I had to fit it between picking up/dropping off the kids at school, Em stuff and getting the rest of the things for Halloween all ready. It was a little crazy at times but I did it! :)
So, are you wondering what we were??? We'll start with Aedan and Cali.... Aedan was The Hulk and Cali was Black Widow and they both had fun being Avengers together.
I was so busy doing everything else that I forgot to pin Cali's costume so it wouldn't be too big (it was 4-6 so she was a little short for it) and I forgot to look for her black boots. I didn't realize that until it was time to get ready so I found 3 safety pins and did the best I could with them and then had her wear her black church shoes. I felt bad but she didn't seem to mind. I also planned to curl her hair (Black Widow's hair is curly) but couldn't find my small curling iron (I found it right before we left, of course).
While we were taking pictures the kids made sure to put on their fighting faces and even pretended to fight with each other a little. Aedan acted out one of his favorite parts from the movie when Hulk punches Thor. :)
Black Widow & The Hulk...
Hulk is punching Black Widow like he does to Thor in the movie...
His "Hulk" face...
Black Widow...
The Hulk, ready to fight...
Cali's "fight face"...
Holding up her "guns"...
Geoff, Em and I were themed together. Geoff was Peter Pan, I was Wendy and Em was... Tinker Bell!! I bought Em's costume but I made her a wig to go with it. It didn't stay on very good so she didn't wear it much but we put it on for pictures. :) I really wanted her to have Tink shoes but am not clever enough for that so Geoff made her some shoes. He sewed them himself! I totally love them! I cut up an old pair of shorts and an old shirt for the Peter costume and made Geoff a belt to go with his knife. I already had a Peter Pan hat from Disneyland that I got years ago so he wore that. As I mentioned above, I made my dress. It turned out a little big but I figured big is better than small right? :) Here we are...
Peter Pan & Tinker Bell...
Wendy & Tinker Bell...
Cali got her face painted...
While Cali got her face painted, Aedan played a donut on a string game...
(kinda looks like he's hanging from his neck here)
They had a room all set up to take Halloween pictures so we stopped by there. Em fell asleep RIGHT before we walked in and she was so tired I didn't want to wake her so we didn't get one of the 3 of us (Peter, Wendy & Tink). We did get a family one but she was in her stroller so you can't really see her. I am actually totally bummed about it. :(
Trunk-or-treating...
Em slept through it all...

































0 comments:
Post a Comment