I totally didn't think about Halloween day until the day before. This means that I had no Halloween shirts for the kids to wear and no treats for their classes or anything. Not a huge deal, I know, but those things just make it more fun! I looked at Target really quick since I needed to go there anyway and they didn't have any! What?!? So...I figured Aedan could just wear his orange shirt and maybe we'd make something out of one of Cali's old shirts. I also decided to make those tootsie pop ghosts for their classes. You can't bring homemade stuff (lame!) so this was a cute compromise. :)
Geoff and I stayed up late the night before Halloween. I made all the ghosts and Geoff made Cali's shirt. He cut out a jack-o-lantern face out of an old shirt of mine and sewed it to an old white shirt of Cali's. Then I made a orange bow for him to sew on. It turned out great! When the kids saw the ghosts in the morning they thought they were so cool! They played with them all the way to school. :)
All the Kindergardener's had a "Fall Picnic"and the parents were invited to come and bring goodies for the kids. I brought the ghosts and chips. Am I the only Mom who absolutely LOVES seeing their kids at school with their friends and teachers and think it's the cutest thing ever? Ok, I probably am. I get a big kick out it it so... chances are that if there is a school event that parents are invited to... I'm totally there. I'll be the one with a big adoring grin on my face and a camera snapping way too many pictures. :)
For all the holidays I go to Target and get the holiday cake mix. Then we make cupcakes and bring them to Geoff's work. The kids get excited every time. I totally forgot this year until Halloween morning when I ran to Target to get some last minute ghost supplies and saw the Halloween cake mixes. So.. I grabbed them and headed home to add making cupcakes to my already busy day. :) Once they were made and frosted I let the kids put on the sprinkles which they thought was pretty fun. Then we took them to Geoff's work (with the kids in costume, of course). Geoff's boss and his wife were in her office when we got there and she said "we were just saying 'I wonder when Christy is bringing the cupcakes'!" So... I guess it's a good thing I didn't totally forget because they love them! :)
I was going to just do a regular dinner but then I talked to my Mom and she said I should make Mummy hot dogs! Easy and perfect for Halloween! So I did! After our busy day, it was nice to do something simple but festive. :) The kids thought they were awesome and Cali said "Ew! It's little mans!" Geoff used the broccoli and half a tootsie toll to make it look like a graveyard. Haha. He even made the tootsies say "RIP".
So we let the kids cut and poke their pumpkins to their hearts content. Cali looked a little scary while doing hers...
I cut the tops off of theirs and cleaned out all the yucky guts...
While we were cutting the tops off, the marker was all rubbing off the pumpkins and I realized that using washable markers for this was not that smart. So, we wiped off their pumpkins and they made new faces with sharpies. We only had black ones so it's not as pretty but they were ok with it. :) While they did that we ate cupcakes. Yum!
Geoff's eye when he was all done...









































1 comments:
I can't believe how much you fit into one day. Wow, you are super mom for sure. And Geoff, that eye is freaking awesome.
Post a Comment