For those who don't know, Geoff is quite an artist. Unfortunately he doesn't have much time to paint! So we have a bunch of big canvases collecting dust. I decided I wanted the kids to paint something so I went to Michael's and got some paint colors so they'd have a good variety. They were so excited and got right to painting.
They both painted an episode of Blue's Clues which I thought was kinda funny. It was an episode with a big giant. Aedan's picture has a pair of Giant feet (the purple circles with orange squares above them towards the top). He drew a sun and a tree. The giants feet are in the sky apparently because the light blue is the sky, the brown is a fence, the red is the ground. Magenta (Blue's friend) is the Magenta blob between the ground and the fence. Blue is at the bottom. Once he did this he got a little carried away and drew a dark grey "rainbow" across the sky and put blobs of color all over. I think it turned out pretty cool. :)
Cali drew a big red giant with a blue sky, black smoke, and a tree. Blue in to the giants right and Magenta is on the left (magenta circle with a brown blob in it). She got a little carried away when Aedan did so she added a bunch of color blobs also and I also think hers is pretty cool.
When they were done painting Aedan said "This was the best day ever!" and when I asked why he said it was because he got to paint. Geoff put him to bed that night and I guess in his prayer he said the same thing. Pretty cute. :)
What do you think? Do I have some Artists in the making?? :)
The giant...
The giant's feet and the sun...
Their finished masterpieces...











1 comments:
Oh my goodness! I LOVE them both! Priceless.
Post a Comment