Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years!

For New Year's Eve this year we stayed home and had Lisa & Wade come over to celebrate with us. We put the kids to bed and then got out all the goodies and watched the movie "Galaxy Quest" which is an old movie but we think it's hilarious! Then we played some games and watched the ball drop. Aedan woke up about 5 minutes before midnight so we let him celebrate with us for a while before going back to bed. 
We went to bed pretty late and woke up bright and early (thanks to Aedan). Lisa and I slaved over the stove (for about 5 minutes thanks to Pillsbury) to make yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It was fun but Geoff and I realized how hard it is to stay up that late when you are parents of little ones. Then there's the exhausting next day because you only got 4 hours of sleep. Totally worth it to ring in the New Year with good friends!

Here's us with sleepy Aedan:

Aedan and I getting ready for midnight:

Lisa & Wade:

Here we are with good 'ol Sparkling Cider:


Here we are toasting the New Year:


Here we are again... Yum! :) 


Aedan also wanted to celebrate so here he is trying the Sparkling Cider:


We hope you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve and have a Happy and Super fun Year!

1 comments:

Liesl said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad you guys had a good one! I didn't make it up to midnight this year, and I don't have little ones! Awesome pictures, as usual.