Monday, August 27, 2012

KINDER ORIENTATION

On Friday we had Aedan's Kindergarden orientation. For those who don't know, Aedan will be going into the Dual Language Immersion Program. This program teaches in English AND Spanish so that by the time the child graduates from 6th grade they can read write and speak fluently in both languages. My little sister is in it and is quite the little Spanish speaker. It's an amazing program and I am so excited that he got in! Because of that he will have 2 teachers this year... his English speaking teacher and his Spanish speaking teacher. The English teacher speaks ONLY English to the kids and the parents and the Spanish teacher speaks ONLY Spanish to the kids and the parents. So... it's going to be an interesting experience for us and Aedan.
We went to the orientation in the English classroom so we'd understand what was being said :) and then looked around both classrooms and met both teachers. Aedan switches classrooms in the middle of the day so he will be in both rooms. We looked around at everything. Aedan was MUCH more comfortable meeting his English speaking teacher. I figured out that I understand more spanish than I thought because I was actually able to tell Aedan what she was saying to him so he could answer (all VERY simple stuff).
FYI: I purposefully leave out Aedan's school name as well as teacher names for obvious reasons. This is the internet after all. :)

Aedan in his English classroom...

His SPANISH teacher...

His ENGLISH teacher...

0 comments: