Monday, August 27, 2012

1ST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

This morning was a little crazy! We got up bright and early because the kids go to school about 20 minutes away. They BOTH have to be there by 8 and they go to 2 different schools. When I found that out I freaked out a little because I wasn't sure how I was going to do that. Also for the first 2 weeks they both get out at 11! Yikes!! :)
We got to Aedan's school super early and found the number for him to stand and wait to go to class. He was very excited but very shy. I tried to get him to talk to a little boy in his class (we were standing by him in line) and he was just too shy. Luckily the boy wasn't shy and pretty soon Aedan talked a little bit. The teacher came out and gave all the kids name tags and then off they went!
I explained to Aedan that for the 2nd half of the day he would be in his spanish classroom and the teacher would only speak spanish so he wouldn't understand anything because I wanted him to be prepared for that. I said that maybe she would have pictures to go with what she was saying (I don't know how this works!).  :)

Here's Aedan on his first day of Kindergarden!



There he goes!

Geoff took Cali and Em to get the car while I stayed for the last few minutes. Once he was off to class I rushed to the car so we could race to Cali's school. Her preschool is at an elementary school and we love it! Aedan learned a ton last year and we love the program they have there. It's also totally safe because their classroom is completely gated in and you have to sign your kid in and out. We got her there when there was one parent left standing in the doorway to sign their kid in. So it was perfect timing! We signed her in and we looked around the classroom (even though she's already seen it a million times). She was shy and a little nervous but she said goodbye and went over to play. So brave! :)


I went to get Aedan and he had a great day! He met some new friends and showed me his paper he did where he worked with the letter A (easy peasy review for this kid!). When I asked how his spanish class was he said "I didn't understand anything she said and she DIDN'T have pictures!". Whoops! :) He did say a few minutes later that she told him he had red in his shoes and he understood that because he knows that red in spanish is rojo (or however you spell it). He was very excited about that. So on the way back to the car we reviewed the colors in spanish.


Grandma will be picking up Cali for the 2 weeks that Aedan gets out at 11. She has her lunch break just in time so she'll run over to get her for me (whew!) and I will be picking her up at Grandma's. So I didn't get to pick her up but she told me that they read books, played and colored. She had fun!

Yeah! We love school!

0 comments: