I was very excited to see some plantations while we were there. I particularly wanted to see the Oak Alley Plantation. It's one of the famous ones from LA (it's also the one in the movie Interview With The Vampire). So, on Sunday we drove out to tour it and have lunch there. It was beautiful! I took a million pictures while here! Here are a few:
Oak Alley Plantation:
Tammy and I outside the front doors:
I took this of Tammy about 30 seconds before the tour guide came in to start the tour and announced that no photos were to be taken of the inside. Oops!
Out on the upstairs balcony of the plantation we were able to take some pictures...
The side view:
From the back:
After the tour we walked down the alley of trees. It was amazing! The trees were huge and had grown in all different directions. Some of the branches had grown down and were under the ground.
At the restaurant they had some pretty flowers growing...
We drove down the street a few miles and saw a few other plantations and I took pictures of these ones...
St. Joseph Plantation:
This is the Laura Plantation:
(You couldn't see the mansion very well unless you took the tour so this is all I got)

























1 comments:
I have very strong memories of Oak Alley. I loved it.
Post a Comment