Sunday, June 12, 2011

NEW ORLEANS!

For those who don't know why my sister Tammy and I went to New Orleans:
Tammy just finished putting her husband through school. For 2 years he was living in Las Vegas going to school while she worked full-time and took care of their 2 little girls. I have no idea how she did it but I know it was hard work and took a lot of sacrificing on her end. After requesting what he wanted for his graduation presents, he asked Tammy what she wanted for putting him through school. Since her goal is to go to all 50 states (and she only had 2 left) she chose to go to LA and cross it off her list. She was planning on just flying there and back (silly girl) so I told her she deserved a VACATION and she should take someone with her so she could spend a few days and have a good time! She decided to take ME with her!
We flew out to New Orleans Friday night (June 3rd) and landed around 10:30. We had a good flight that seemed to go by faster than I expected. The airplane pulled up to the gate and turned off and it was instant humidity. It was a small sign of what was to come. :)
We got our rental car and headed for the hotel which should have been pretty easy. We found the hotel easily but found it impossible to actually get to. So, after accidentally getting on the freeway, driving to the next exit, turning around, driving back to our exit and a few u-turns we somehow figured out how to get to it. There was a tricky street you had to turn on to get to it. We were laughing hysterically (I had tears coming out of my eyes) by the time we found the hotel and got settled in. We were tired, giddy and very excited for the next few days!

Here we are on the plane...



Tammy snapped this picture when we got there...

0 comments: