Monday, June 13, 2011

THE GARDEN DISTRICT

We did a self-guided tour of The Garden District also. I looked online and found a tour and we followed that. It was pretty cool! I can't say enough about how beautiful these homes were! None of my pictures do them justice at. You walk down these streets and feel like you've gone back in time. They were truly amazing! If it weren't for the crazy humidity (and that I'm sure these homes cost a fortune!) I'd be forcing Geoff to pack us up and move us into one of them! :)
There just wasn't enough room on these streets to get that great of pictures. This is the best I could do (if only I were a photographer and could really capture the awesomeness!!)

Our Mother of Perpetual Help Chapel:
(owned by Nicolas Cage)


 This sign goes with the house below it:


Women's Opera Guild House:

I don't remember what this one was:

These next two signs are for the house below them. 
(It was originally the Bradish Johnson House and 
now it is the Louise S. McGehee school for girls)



 Archie Manning House:

 The Pritchard-Pigott House

We saw this one along the way:

The Morris-Israel House

One of the houses along the way had this sign:
(we thought it was pretty funny)


Robinson House
This place was HUGE and beautiful!
(front)

(side)

Brevard-Mahat-Rice House
(this was the home of novelist Anne Rice)




Sandra Bullock's New Orleans home:

 This home was being renovated. 
I loved the details around the door & windows:



Perty:

I loved this yellow house with the blue shutters!!

Cool staircase up to the door:

 The Commander's Palace is an old and popular restaurant:
(We wanted to eat there but the dress code was "Upscale casual. No shorts"
and I was wearing shorts. Dang!)

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember being very impressed with the houses as well. I felt like I was in a movie.