My brother got married in Portland, OR on April 26 and it was a beautiful weekend. The weather was great and all the trees and green stuff was so pretty! My friend Michelle was the photographer so we had a super fun weekend planned with lots of tax free shopping!
Geoff and I had many debates on who would go and how we would get there and in the end we decided that Aedan and Cali would be bored and were spending Saturday with Geoff anyways (during all the shopping) which they could do here so... I flew to Portland with Em (I couldn't leave her for that long).
I was SUPER nervous about flying with Em because I had never flown with any of the kids before and didn't know what to expect. I asked around to get ideas but every kid is different so you just never know. I packed snacks, entertainment and some binks (of course). Getting through security was exhausting and I was seriously sweating when we finally sat at our gate. I guess I had no reason to worry about the actual flight though because she was an excellent flyer! The people sitting around us were so awesome! They instantly adored Em and wanted to play with her so she had lots of fans to keep her entertained. She passed her blanket back and forth between them and played peek-a-boo too. They all told me their horror stories of flying with their kids and were so great with Em.
Once we landed, we hopped in a car with Michelle (her flight came in before ours so she was ready to go with the rental car) and headed to our hotel. We were all pretty starving so we went to Panera Bread for dinner and Em loved her MacNCheese. She also tried to eat my baguette. :)
Em had a whole queen size bed to herself and was all cozy surrounded by pillows but she was so excited that she wouldn't go to sleep! So Michelle said we should turn the couch against the wall and make that her "crib". It was brilliant! She went right to sleep and had no problems the whole time we were there (The hotel was out of infant beds). Yipee!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment