Sunday, July 25, 2010

A moment on my soapbox...


At the end of last year we had our annual photo shoot that turned out great! Michelle did an amazing job!! The only thing that bugged me when I looked at all the pictures was how horribly fat I had gotten! I was aware of it of course but for some reason looking at those pictures made me really realize it. I decided it was time to take action! I talked to Geoff and he said he'd let me do whatever I needed to make me happy. So... since the holidays were right around the corner I decided I'd make it my New Year's resolution and start in January.

My friend Jana had been doing weight watchers and looked fabulous :) so I decided to do that with her. When January came I signed up and have actually stuck to it! Jana and Geoff have encouraged me the whole way and been such a huge support. Jana and I started walking when I was still in Vegas and that was great! I actually enjoyed it and it made me feel great!! I was worried that moving to Cali would make it harder to stick to it but Geoff has been great going walking with me and keeping up the encouragement. I just upped my walk to 3 miles because I wanted to add some challenge (2 freeway overpass hills). SInce it's new Geoff stays home with the kids and I bring along my music as company but once I get used to it I'll start bringing the stroller along for some extra challenge (it makes a big difference).

So... 6 months later I have lost 30 pounds, am down almost 3 sizes and am feeling great!! I have a LONG way to go but I'm so excited and proud to say that I'm doing it!! I am so much healthier and already feel like a whole new person. I'm so grateful for my fabulous hubby, family and friends who've been such a huge support! Thanks!!


I thought I'd post a before picture and a now picture. :) This is a family picture from last October I think.





These are of this morning...




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GOOO!!! Keep it up.

Liesl said...

The original picture doesn't show up for me, but I know you look great. I need to start with you. :)

Michelle said...

You look awesome. I am really proud of you. The loss really shows up on your adorable face.

Jena Wright said...

I am so proud of you!!! Keep it up and keep us posted! :D

Oh the tangled Webb we weave said...

You do look amazing and I am so proud of you! I'm especially proud since it's got to be hard keeping to a diet when living with mom and all her good cooking. Love ya and I know you'll keep it up!

Carrie Allen said...

way to go Christy!!