Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July party

My Mom's friend invited us all to her niece's birthday/4th of July party so we decided to go. It was an amazing party with tons of food and goodies. They had an awesome backyard too... the 1st level had a pool, then you walk down stairs to the second level where there was a grassy play area. We stayed in the play area so I didn't have to worry about the kids being by a pool.

They were starting the piƱata when we got there and since Cali was so little she got to go with the tiny kids. I ran to get Aedan but by the time he got there it had been ripped open so I only have a picture of Cali hitting it. She had no idea what to do so she kind of just stared at it for a second and then started swinging it.


They had already done their "fishing for ducks" game when we got there so the kids just played with them...

Cali LOVED swinging...





My Mom was swinging with Aedan and he thought it was funny...




They had a big dog there and Cali was following it around petting it...


Aedan enjoyed swinging also...



I took Cali on the swing...


They had a popcorn machine, cotton candy machine and snow cone machine so the kids went crazy with the goodies!




It was a Backyardigans party and we LOVE that show! So... I put a party hat on and posed.


Cali became good friends with the dog and shared her popcorn. She'd eat a bite and then give the dog a bite. It was cute.



Cali was sitting on this chair singing for at least 10 minutes. She loves to just sit and sing no matter where we are. It is so freakin cute!!

Aedan sipping his snow cone...


Some of the kids drew on cement with chalk so Cali joined in on the fun...


They had a pretty good fireworks show in their backyard but they started with the snake ones and sparklers so that's what I got pictures of. The kids thought it was pretty cool...







0 comments: