Thursday, July 1, 2010

The beach!!

My friend Katrina and her family came into town so we went to the beach yesterday. We found a great spot and since it was the kids' FIRST time at the beach I took a million pictures. I know... it's so crazy that this is the first time I've taken them to the beach when I love it so much!! We brought Maegan with us too and I think everyone had a great time. I'm only posting pictures I took of my kids and Maegan since there are sooo many.

Here are the kids with all our stuff ready to walk out onto the sand...


Right when I laid the blanket down, Cali laid down like she was ready to get some sun...

About 2 seconds later Cali was up and both kids were running out to check out the ocean and play in the sand. The kids both had a love/hate relationship with the water. It kept knocking Cali over so she thought it was pretty rude. Aedan would run out and then once the water came he'd run back to his bucket and shovel. Eventually he got a little more brave. He'd stand with his arms out to balance himself when the water came. It was fun to watch them. Cali mostly played in the sand which was nice because I was worried about chasing 2 kids around and making sure they didn't fall in the water or something.


















Cali tried to eat the sand. I told her it was yucky and not to eat it but she wouldn't listen. She kept eating it for a few minutes. YUCK!!


























My feet were VERY happy to be back in the sand and water!!! I didn't get too crazy because, like I said, I was worried about keeping track of the kiddos but it was great just to put my feet in and let the water get me a little. :)


I asked Maegan to take a few pictures of me with the kids since I'm rarely in the pictures with them and this is one of my favorite places...




When we left I just stripped the kids down and put a fresh diaper/undies on them for the drive home. They were WAY to sandy to do much else. Cali was a little cold so I put a blanket on her and she fell right to sleep on the way home. She was worn out from all that fun!!


1 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

Yay...the beach!!


PS - I can't believe you have a sister that is the same age as my daughter...weird!! Ü