Geoff's brother Nick and his family were going camping in Red Rock and invited us to come along. We had the 5K Saturday morning so we couldn't camp but we did meet them at the Bonnie Springs Ranch for the rest of the day. It is a little place that totally reminds me of a run down cheesy version of the western area of Knott's Berry Farm. It's like walking down the street of an old western town with shops and stuff. There is a train that drives you around and they also have a petting zoo with lots of animals... some of them I'd never even heard of or seen. It was fun to walk around and the kids loved hanging out together! We, of course, love hanging out with Nick and Amy so it is really perfect that our kids have fun together too. Hailey is just a few months younger than Cali so they are super cute!
Red Rock is beautiful!



You know how much I love these things...
The kids sat on this wooden mule thing...


Aedan found this Indian & Cowboy set and they were just his size...

Cali running around...
Right after the above picture, we went into the jail. On Cali's way into the jail she fell and face planted onto a tiny step thing. She chipped off almost half of her front tooth and was bleeding. The tooth is chipped at an angle so now she looks kind of like she has a space between her two front teeth. Is it totally horrible that my first thoughts while comforting her was about how this will affect the millions of pictures I take of her? Luckily I think she is the most adorable little girl and a chipped tooth doesn't change that. :)Aedan riding an old school fire engine. Obviously this doesn't belong in
the wild west but he sure thought it was cool anyways...

Aedan chatting with a cowboy...

We went to lunch at the ranch and while we were there I tried to get a few pictures of Cali's new smile without part of her tooth. The lighting is weird in this first on but it's the best one I got.


The kids on a merry-go-round. They LOVED it!!


Cali chillin with Daddy...

We put the kids on this old school bench for some pictures...


The petting zoo was fun to walk around in. Cali loved the ferret, the emus, and the white burrow. Aedan loved all of them. I only took a few pictures in the zoo because Aedan was running all over and Cali wanted to be held. It took both of us and Amy to keep track of them (thanks Amy!).


















1 comments:
I would have thought the same if Stella chipped a tooth. Cali still looks cute, and you can't tell really.
Post a Comment