Thursday, December 3, 2009

The joy of siblings...

Lately Aedan has been pushing Cali. I'm not sure why he does it (sometimes he's playing but sometimes he does it cuz she has his toy or something) but it's pretty annoying! We aren't sure how to solve this problem (any ideas??) and so far we've just tried putting him in time out.
So... yesterday Aedan pushed Cali into the wall and she got a big bump with a purple bruise-line on her forehead. I showed him her bruise and told him that's what happens when we push and talked to him about it. He seemed to understand that and kissed it better but who knows if that will work.
These pictures really don't do it justice.... it was a pretty bad bruise plus this was taken like 3 hours later but I just thought I'd share...



Usually the kids play pretty well together and Aedan is a pretty fun big brother. He pushes her around in his car and plays with her...


(he actually smiled for me!!)


So now I just need to figure out this whole pushing thing. I know he's only 2 1/2 and it's probably totally normal but it drives me crazy!! Anyone have any ideas??

I thought Cali looked really cute in her towel after her bath last night so I took a picture of her...


2 comments:

Christy said...

Cali is so cute even with her little purple battle scar! I had to write you about my tree topper. I too am a lover of all things Tinkerbell. I actually got it at the Disney store last year. We didn't even get a tree last year (small apartment...brand new puppy) so I couldn't wait to put it up this year. Her wings change to all different colors. LOVE IT! And the best part... drumroll please... $10!!!! I really couldn't pass it up! : )

Meg said...

Aspen did the same thing to Joel when Aspen was about 2 1/2 or 3 years old. Finally I realized it was just because he was jealous of the attention. So, everyday I let him choose an activity that was just for him. I also tried to find something positive to say to him as much as I could. It was like magic! Within a day or two he stopped being so mean to Joel. Now, of course, they are just mean to each other for various reasons. :) Good luck!!