Aedan and Cali were SUPER excited for school to start!! The summer went by so fast it and school starting was bittersweet for me. The one thing I was excited about was having most of the day with just Em and I. ;) The night before school the kids picked out their outfits and got their backpacks ready. They couldn't wait! They got up and ready with no problems in the morning. Em wanted to be a part of everything and tried to get in all the pictures. It was too cute!
When they got to school they both saw some friends from their classes last year. Because Aedan is in the Dual Language Immersion Program he will always have the same group of kids every year (they just switch the kids around a bit between the two classes) and it will be the same for Cali from now on. Cali had a few preschool friends in the program though so she was pretty excited to see them!
This year they did Kindergarden orientation on the first day of school so all the parents stayed. It was fun being a part of her first day. I got to watch her put her backpack down, draw a picture of herself and take her "1st day of Kindergarden" picture. I also got to help her make her "I'm in Kindergarden!" hat!
The teachers have the kids hold a "bubble" in their mouths to stay quiet and Cali held hers the whole time while all the kids around her wiggled and talked (you know... like normal kids do)...
In Spanish they went over all the alphabet sounds. Between the 2 classes they had some activities for the kids to do and then they all got some fishy snacks...
Eating her fishy snack with another friend from preschool...
I wanted a picture with her so I took one and then one of the parents offered to take one for me...
Cali in her Kindergarden hat...
They both had a great first day of school and loved their teachers! Cali has the same teachers that Aedan had so it was pretty easy for her. Aedan had 2 new teachers but he really likes them both and he loves having a male teacher!
And a few more from their first week of school...
(with some Emmy photo bombs in there)






























0 comments:
Post a Comment