For Spring Break this year we spent the week in Utah. On our way we stopped in Vegas to go to our nephew's court of honor to see him get his Eagle. It was pretty cool. :) After we went to my sister (and Geoff's brother)'s house for a bbq/swim party. We didn't know to pack our suits and the kids really wanted to swim so Jennifer found some shorts for them to wear and they went swimming. There is a big shallow (kid shallow) section in her pool so we told them they'd have to stay there since we didn't have floaties for them.
So we sat by the pool and chatted while they swam. Aedan was trying to climb onto a floating thingy and as he climbed on it moved away from the kiddie area. He wasn't able to climb on so he ended up back in the water... and he can't swim. I was watching him so I jumped up and Geoff was telling me to take Em so he could jump in while I jumped in to get him. I just had to jump into the kiddie area to grab him so I was only soaked up to thighs. He actually did pretty good staying up. He was able to at least keep his nose out of the water and didn't seem too freaked out.
Then... I was telling my Mom what happened (she hadn't seen it) and I was pointing to where Aedan was when I saw Cali, who had somehow gone into the deeper part, under the water, kicking frantically. Her face was terrified and I jumped right back in to get her. She was right at the edge of the kiddie part so I only went up to my thighs again.
Both times scared the CRAP out of me but I was so grateful that we saw them. After that Cali was a little traumatized so she only sat on the step for a few minutes and then got out. Aedan put on a floatie thing and swam around still.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
SWIM SCARE
Can you see my wet pants??
All wet...
Aedan swimming around with Aunt Maegan...
Em loved the baked beans...
Cali had some ice cream...
Em climbing up the stairs...
(1st time and she totally flew up them!)
Geoff putting Em in the trunk...
(made the kids laugh)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment