Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Nana

Myrna Marie Davis on her 98th birthday


I would just like to say a few words about this amazing woman who I was lucky enough to call Nana. She passed away Thursday, the 11th. 


Nana was always so elegant and cheerful, she sang while she would cook or clean and her bible is worn from so much reading. I think those things alone say so much about her but there are a few memories of Nana that made her extra special to me...


My sisters and I took turns getting to stay the night with Nana and Grandee (my grandma) and we loved it so much! Nana would always have a bowl on the coffee table she would fill with candy.


Nana loved to play cards so whenever we would stay with her we would play all kinds of card games. That is how I learned how to play cards.


Anytime we saw her, Nana would always greet us with smiles and hugs and want to hear how we were and what we were up to. 


Nana loved to go out to eat and it was such a treat to go out to eat with her. A few of her favorite places were Love's, Marie Calendar's and Vince's Spaghetti. In the last few years she loved to go to Outback. 


Nana always looked her best, even to just stay home. She wouldn't leave the house without her lipstick on and would always "freshen up" with her fancy compact when we were done eating at a restaurant.  


Nana was born in 1911 so she grew up in a fascinating era. She had a great memory and I loved to hear her stories and see her pictures.


Goodbye Nana, until I see you again. I love you and will miss you!



1 comments:

Heidi said...

what a beautiful tribute to your Nana! I'm so sorry for your loss.