Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Tinker Bell! So I've wanted to do the Tinker Bell half marathon for a few years but now that I have Plantar Fasciitis that seems crazy to me. Sigh. This year they had their first Tinker Bell 10K though and when I saw that I signed up! I was training and doing good when I sprained my ankle (grrr) so I had to stop training for 6 weeks which left me 2 weeks to train again. No bueno! I wasn't feeling very positive about it but still wanted to do it for fun (hello! Tinker Bell medal at the end!)
We got up at 4 the morning of and headed out. It started at 6 but we were picking up a friend on the way so we left early. There were SO MANY people there!! I found my other friend, Kaleena, and we waited together for it to begin. Our hubbies went to wait in the bleachers at the finish. It was so crowded with people that we didn't even get to the start line until 6:25 and then it was slow going for a little bit while the people thinned out.
It was the most magical run you could ever do! Running through Disneyland and DCA is awesome and they had characters and employees cheering you on along the way. I was too afraid to stop and take pictures with them (they pick you up if you're too slow) but I still got a few along the way.
I ended up being really proud of how I did. I jogged until almost the 5 mile mark when I got a pretty bad cramp in my side and had to start walking and Kaleena and I stayed together that whole time until then. I did make sure to start jogging again before the end so I was jogging at the finish ;) but Geoff totally missed me so I have no picture of it. Dang!
I did so much better than I thought I would do and I am very happy about it. I totally want to do it again too.
We signed Aedan and Cali up for the kids races and since they were in the same age group we thought it would be super fun for them. We raced home to get them but because of the racers, the 3 day weekend and it being a Saturday the freeway was backed up a few exits and even after going up to a different exit, walking 1/2 a mile to try to make it, we were too late. Aedan was super bummed but Cali was ok with it. Haha. I felt bad that they didn't make it but the people gave them their medals anyways without us even asking. I figured they walked at least 200m to get there right? ;) I wanted a picture of us with our medals just for fun...













0 comments:
Post a Comment