Friday, March 23, 2012

STRAWBERRY CORNER

I have been slacking in the blogging department! I actually thought I blogged this until I was talking to my Grandma and she hadn't seen the pictures. So I checked and sure enough... my prego brain had fooled me! When I uploaded the pictures my brain just assumed I had blogged it. I hope my brain returns when the baby gets here (less than 2 weeks!!) and then I'll be on top of it again.
So, this is my birthday weekend. I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do since I'm pregnant but I LOVE birthdays so I definitely wanted to do something. :) Geoff found this charming cabin "Strawberry Corner" in Idyllwild and rented it for the weekend. He decided that our family needed a little getaway since we hadn't done much lately and once the baby got here we wouldn't for a while. So, it was actually a perfect little plan. We packed up some food and clothes and headed out. It wasn't a long drive (only 1 1/2 hours?) and the weather was awesome! It was nice and cool but not cold. The kids were super excited!!
Here are some pictures of the cabin...



An old stove in the kitchen
(it didn't work, it was just cool)

the dining room...

The kids room was adorable!!
(3 beds, 1 on each side and one in the middle)


You could look into the living room from half way up the stairs...
(the kids did this A LOT!)

The property had a gazebo, some benches, and a creek...



The kids area upstairs had toys, games and all kinds of stuff. They had so much fun playing with everything. Their favorites were the cowboy boots, hats and horse. They played Toy Story all weekend. Aedan was Woody and Cali was Jesse (which required her having a braid all weekend).


 Jesse riding Bullseye...

We walked around outside and went to the creek to check it out. The kids thought it was pretty cool.



There was a little zip line from one tree to another. It was perfect for the kids because it wasn't too high and it was short. Aedan was super brave and tried it, holding on the the very end. On his first try he was very serious, trying to concentrate and then when he jumped down he smiled all big and said "I wanna do it again!". Cali had no interest in doing it. Some of these are blurry (he was moving) but you get the idea...






There was a little "squirrel house" made into a tree. There were fake squirrels sitting outside of it. The kids thought it was awesome and were making the squirrels talk.



After we walked around a bit Geoff made us a yummy dinner and then the kids took a bath in an old school tub (should've gotten a pic cuz it was big, deep and super fun for them!) and then they played. They had to stop to say hi on the way upstairs of course...



Sunday was my birthday! Geoff made a delicious breakfast (pancakes, bacon, eggs, ect) ...


and then the kids ran up to play Toy Story again. Woody & Jesse came to chat with us for a bit...


They wanted Geoff to be "Andy" and come upstairs to play. They would be playing and when Geoff would walk up the stairs (they had him do it a few times) they'd say "Andy's coming!" and fall to the floor or chair or bed just like the toys do in the movie. Then Geoff would come and "play" with them. He'd stand them up and make them move and talk. It was pretty entertaining really.

"Andy's coming!"



 After some toy story fun Geoff and the kids got started on a cake for my birthday. They were big helpers! They couldn't resist licking the batter and getting chocolate all over their faces...











We all got ready, packed up a picnic (the kids were SUPER excited about this) and went for a walk to find the perfect picnic spot in town...







Cali rode in the wagon on the way home (and Aedan did for a minute). She thought it was so cool!




We went back home to drop off the wagon and cooler and then went for a walk around the town. They had a bunch of little shops and we stopped in the candy store for some goodies. Here is their monument thing...



After our walk I was pretty exhausted (being pregnant and all) so we all just relaxed for a bit. Geoff made another delicious dinner and then they got the cake ready and sang Happy Birthday! The cake spells "We heart U" in case you can't make it out...



On Monday morning we packed everything up and headed out. Aedan wanted to ride the zip line again before we left. I talked Cali into trying it but she'd only do it if I held her the whole time (I suggested Daddy do it since I have a big belly in the way but she insisted on Mommy). She would only do it once but Aedan did it a few times before we left.









Aedan's landing pose...


We had such a fun weekend!!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks so cute. Geoff is is like super husband when it comes to these kinds of things. Go Geoff.