Monday, October 31, 2011

HALLOWEEN 2011

So this year we went to 2 "trunk-or-treat" parties. We went to the one at our church and then my parents was the next night so we went there so they could see the kids' costumes. This was a tough year for costumes. The kids kept changing their minds about what they wanted to be and I thought for sure we wouldn't have a theme this year (I was pretty sad). About a week before the Halloween parties (I still hadn't bought costumes in hopes of a theme still) I went shopping or something and when I got back Geoff was watching Superman I with the kids. The old one with Christopher Reeve. Those movies are truly cheesy but he really is the best superman. We are big fans of Christopher Reeve. :) So, after watching the movie Aedan was convinced he wanted to be Superman! Cali was convinced she wanted to be Supergirl! I knew a theme was gonna happen after all and I was excited!! We raced out to get costumes before any minds were changed (they weren't thank goodness) and then it was time to decide what Geoff and I would do. We thought we'd be Batman and Batgirl or some other superheros but not only are costumes pretty expensive but I had one problem... a baby in the belly! I would not have fit in many costumes let alone a superhero one. So... we decided to be either robbers or convicts. I found some convict costumes and handcuffs so we did that. We were the bad guys that Superman & Supergirl had caught and put in prison. :)

Superman!
(I even tried to give him a little curl)





Supergirl!




The Super crime fighting team!


(in this one they saw Daddy come out with his costume)

Fighting crime... one criminal at a time!




and where else would they send them but...
(Geoff did that of course)

At church they had a chili cookoff and a bounce house before the trunk-or-treat. The kids jumped in the bounce house for a little bit...



Family picture...
(I mostly wore my suit unzipped so my belly would be more comfy)

Trunk-or-Treat!




We went back inside for a few minutes so the kids could jump some more. When they were done Geoff snuck up behind them and with a growl stole their candy bags. Superman (aka Aedan) ran off after him, knocked him to the ground...

and walked away with the candy bags like a true superhero...

 At my Mom's trunk-or-treat they had an icee machine and soft serve ice cream machine with dinner. It was YUMMY! The kids enjoyed that a ton and then they went to play some games. I didn't take any trunk-or-treat pictures because it's pretty much the same but I made sure to get a picture of Maegan who was Hermoine and her with the kids.




Hermoine
(I happen to own "Tales of Beedle the Bard" so she carried it with her)

Games!

They went fishing for goodies...


Threw some rings...
(I didn't catch Cali throwing hers but I got Aedan and love his concentrating face)




Superman, Hermoine and Supergirl

3 comments:

The Marley Family said...

Yea, they went for a theme. I love themes. This year we were superheros too. So fun. I love that you were bad guys, very creative.

Michelle said...

My mom and I just looked at these with Stella and we loved them.

I am glad that you could do the family theme this year since I know it thrills you. :)

Love Aedan's hair, so great.

Meg said...

So fun!! I, too, love you family theme!! The kids are so cute!