Sunday, October 2, 2011

DISNEYLAND!!

We went to Disneyland on Sept 23rd!! The kids were both super excited to go! Aedan was little when we took him so he doesn't remember it and Cali had never been. We still don't have passes (shocking, I know!) so our friend Jonathan signed us in. We had such a great time and the kids ask every day if we can go back. :) I think we might just have to splurge and get those passes. I know it's not surprising but I took a million pictures while we were there. So, I'm gonna have to break up my posts. This will be the "everything but all the characters we saw" post.

The Castle:

When we walked down main street and the kids saw the castle they both got super excited. They insisted that we go inside. They were so excited we could barely get them to stop and take a picture. Cali refused to until I explained we'd go once we took a picture. :)


inside the castle:

Dumbo:

We got the movie Dumbo right before going to Disneyland so when the kids saw the Dumbo ride we had to go on it. :)



The Mad Hatter:

It is THE place to get hats. :) We went in to get the kids some hats. They tried on a bunch and posed.Even Geoff and I tried on a few hats. Aedan picked out a few and then finally picked one. Cali couldn't decide so she didn't want one. I think she lost interest. 













The one Aedan chose:
(it lights up!)



Teacup:

We took a picture in the teacup and then a nice lady asked if we'd like her to take a picture of all of us. So, we got one of all of us together.




The Little Mermaid:
We went on the little mermaid ride. Cali LOVES Ariel so she was absolutely amazed by this ride. I tried to get her to look at the camera and she just wanted to look at the ride.


Naptime:

Cali fell asleep while walking back from The Little Mermaid so while she slept (and I rested for a bit) Geoff took Aedan on the train. Aedan LOVED the train! While they were on the train the parade came around and I watched that. It was awesome and luckily didn't wake up Cali so she could sleep.


Back from the train:

Pixie Hollow:

I was like a kid in a candy store walking through Pixie Hollow! There was even a lady who said "You look like you belong here" to me. I was super bummed that we didn't find out what time Tinker Bell would be there because we totally missed her by like 45 minutes. I was so sad!! Cali was still sleeping and I wanted to wake her so bad to see where Tink lives but we let her sleep. Aedan and I had fun though. :)




Autopia

Aedan was super excited to go drive the cars. He got his "license" and drove his car. It might have been the highlight of his day. :) Cali (who was still sleeping) and I went to stand in line to see Princesses while the boys went there. 




A sword and THE hat:

They made it back in time to see the Princesses and after that we went to the little store to walk around. They had swords and Aedan instantly started playing with one. Cali walked around looking at all the super cool Princess stuff and found a hat that she decided she wanted! So, we got it for her. She also found a Princess seat that she had to sit in. She IS a Princess afterall! :) 



This cracks me up!


Toon Town

We went into Toon Town and the kids loved all the toony stuff. We went inside Mickey's house (where the kids saw Mickey). Cali and I went while Aedan rode the roller coaster and then Geoff and Aedan went. I got some pictures of Cali with some toon stuff.




Then Cali found this car and jumped in to drive. Aedan did the same thing after he left Mickey's.





Aedan teasing Cali:

Aedan picked up this phone and then got all excited and said "(intake of breath) I that Mickey??"

We all went to the "jail" and escaped...




I told the kids to try to lift this. Aedan's face is awesome!




They saw the firetruck and ran over...

Buzz Lightyear

We knew we had to go on Buzz Lightyear because the kids love the Toy Story movies. While we waited Aedan said he was cold so Geoff held him and he was OUT super fast. We had to wake him up for the ride which took some effort. :) Both kids loved the ride!




After the ride both kids wanted to go home (they were tired and they knew it) so we took them home. Aedan fell back to sleep in the stroller right away...


It was such a fun day!!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

All of these pictures are so fun. O really love them all. However that one of Aedan with the weights is pretty classic, Toon town has not changed since I was there over 16 years ago so crazy.

How did you not see Tink? I think that is very irresponsible of you, since you claim to be such a big fan, really Christy...get it together!