Thursday, February 16, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY

We had a MUCH busier Valentine's Day than I planned. I spent most of Monday baking sugar cookies for Aedan's preschool class and cupcakes and peanut butter blossoms (with a Hershey's heart instead of kiss... totally cute idea I got off of Pinterest) for Geoff's work.
So, Tuesday morning we took Aedan to school and dropped off Aedan with his Valentine's and the little heart shaped sugar cookies...


(yep, we didn't have time to do hair. whoops)

Cali carried the plate for his teachers...
(I had the plate for the kids but forgot to take a picture. They were cute.)

We went to Grandma's for a bit where I actually did Cali's hair. She looked pretty cute and we had fun taking some pictures...







Grandma made little Valentine goodie plates for the kids (and Geoff & me too) that they loved! Cali wanted a picture with her Cocoa Krispy treat heart...

 After we picked Aedan up from preschool we went and got some lunch for Daddy (and us) and took it to him at work with his treats. We went around passing out the cupcakes and cookies.




Then Cali informed me that she wanted to bring cookies to people (she had a specific list!). I figured that was a great idea so we went around for the rest of the day visiting family and delivering treats...

We visited Grandpa Jim (my Dad) at work...

 Grandee...
(my Grandma)

Grandma Harmon...
(my Grandma)

They had a great time being little Valentines and it was a good excuse to drive out and visit my Grandma's. :)
We got back home just in time to grab some dinner. We stopped at the mailbox and the kids were SO excited to receive their own Valentine mail from their friend Stella!! The card said that she missed them so Aedan asked "what does it miss you mean?". Well, I wasn't sure exactly how to explain that so I said it meant you're sad that you aren't together and can't wait to see them again. I handed the card back to them and drove around to pick up Geoff. When I looked back Aedan was wiping his eyes and looked super sad. I asked what was wrong and he said "I miss Stella too!" which was pretty cute and sad at the same time. He wanted to know when we'd see her again and stuff. I tried to get him to smile for a picture with the card and he was just too sad...


So, I tried and tried and eventually got him to laugh (once I assured him we'd see Stella after the baby was born) so I could get a smiling picture of him. Cali was still pretty excited to get the card so she was easy. :)



We went to dinner and when we got home there were flowers waiting for me from MY Valentine. :)

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Stella said that those pictures made her laugh.

"I want to send them a message, I will get them a balloon." -Stella