Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Potty training...

Well, with Geoff and the kids being sick... and then me getting sick, I have completely forgotten to update everyone on Aedan's potty training! It took him a while to realize what the heck he was supposed to do on the potty which made for LONG periods of time sitting with him reading books and stuff. Once he actually peed, he had it! It's like a light went on in his head and he was like "oh... that's what I'm supposed to do on this silly seat!" I know this is hard to believe but I DIDN'T get a picture of him peeing for the 1st time. I'm a little bummed but it's ok. :)

So, from then on he would pee on the potty with accidents here and there. His last accident was last Thursday at my sisters house which was pretty funny. He was sitting on her kitchen chair and said "Mom, I need to sit on the potty! I need to pee! I'm peeing on the chair! I'm peeing on the chair!". He didn't make it but was pretty upset about it.
He hasn't had an accident in days now and remembers every time. As he is peeing he always asks "Is that my pee?" and gets excited when he stands up and there it is! We are so proud of him!!
Now, as for "#2"... that's another story! He knows he needs to do that on the potty but refuses to sit to do it. He is so used to standing for that and doesn't want to even try sitting. We rarely have those accidents in his undies though because he does that in pull-ups at nap time. So.... any advice from anyone on how to get this kid to take care of business on the potty??? Please???

0 comments: